Chiropractic Adjustments: Pure Balance New Jersey
Our facility utilizes state-of-the-art equipment and treatment therapies in order to provide advanced spinal correction and chiropractic adjustments. Chiropractic adjustments are a safe, natural and effective procedure used by chiropractor Dr. Michael Magwood to correct subluxations in the spine and give your body the ability to heal itself.
Among the many benefits of chiropractic care are enhancing the overall healing and immune functions, enhancing work performance, enhancing athletic and performing art ability; these along with a heightened sense of well-being are the goals of the Chiropractic. Some of the refinements of precision technique, including neurological or “tonal work” are:
- Non-manipulative adjustment: The emphasis is in communicating new corrective information through gentle touch or a light thrust by hand-held instrument.
- After each adjustment, subluxations are cleared and the body is given time to process the corrective input.
- Corrections continue with the body’s movements and breathing.
This process teaches and empowers the body to make more corrections and healing with ongoing care.
- Regular chiropractic checks reveal the best frequency of care. As adjustments hold, patients are scheduled less frequently.
- Analysis and correction are not focused on the area of pain and symptom alone. As a result, integration tends to produce deeper healing experiences in all areas of the body, mind and emotions.
The primary intent of this work is to progressively reduce tension and blockages in the entire spinal system, to release trapped unresolved patterns in the body/mind, and to facilitate reintegration of the nervous system, allowing a greater expression of one’s healing and performance capabilities.
• Torque Release Technique: TRT is a non-linear, non-mechanistic, neurological method used by chiropractors for testing and adjusting patients of all ages. An extremely gentle hand-held instrument called an Integrator is used to clear subluxations that cause interference in the nervous system. When communication between the brain and body is restored, the body is better able to function at its highest potential. TRT is the most up-to-date technique available designed as part of scientific research into the health benefits of chiropractic. As such, it is a mixture of the “best-of-the-best” systems of chiropractic assessment and delivery.
• Thompson Technique: A first generation technique using a functional leg length analysis and an adjusting table with a pneumatic system of simple segmental drops. Gently applying the force of the drop to a subluxated joint segment of the body neurologically affects balance, pain, the releasing of stress hormones, mood and behavior, the immune system, pregnancy, pediatrics and much more.
• Webster Technique: The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic sacral analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation/ SI joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is facilitated. The theoretical and clinical framework of the Webster Technique in the care of pregnant women is that sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia). Dystocia is caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. The correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia.
• Craniosacral Therapy (CST): CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle faciliation, a soft touch using a hands-on approach. Practitioners “listen through the hands” to the body’s subtle rhythms with generally no greater than 5 grams of pressure, or about the weight of a nickel. They then follow these rhythms and release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system. Releasing deep tensions in the body can relieve pain and dysfunction, encouraging vitality and facilitating a sense of well-being. For a pediatric trained doctor, it is suitable for people of all ages including babies and children, and can be an effective tool in caring for acute or chronic conditions.
- Chronic Muscle, Nerve & Joint Pain
- Ear Aches & Colitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Numbness & Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Headaches & Migraines
- Sciatica & Extremity Pain
- Disc Disorders
- Foot Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
When you visit our chiropractic facility in Clifton, Dr. Magwood will take the time to properly examine you to determine the root causes of your injury or condition. Dr. Magwood can customize a treatment plan designed to eradicate your symptoms and keep them from coming back by getting down to what caused them in the first place.