The Torque Release Technique is considered a second century chiropractic model, based in part on the great minds of the chiropractors who developed the profession in its first hundred years of existence. While all techniques related to the art of practicing chiropractic and delivering an adjustment have merit, this article is written for the chiropractic patient who might be looking for an upgrade or a gentle form of “non-manipulative” adjusting.
Dr. Michael Magwood is a chiropractor certified by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, but has certified in TRT, or Torque Release Technique in addition to delivering several others over the past two decades. In addition to its appropriateness for children, below are ten concepts that make TRT his technique of choice. Torque Release is:
1. Precise: When using an Integrator the chiropractor can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve frequency. Manual adjusting by hands lacks this degree of accuracy.
2. Specific: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function. It is a breakthrough from a mechanistic model in order to facilitate neurological (vibrational) change to a the system.
3. Gentle: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed neutral position with the perfect amount of force. A traditional adjustment requires the spine to be stretched to a position of tension followed by the manual thrust by hand to sufficiently open the spinal joints and activate a cavitation response.
4. Fast: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment while being so gentle.
5. Recoil: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil. This bounce in the impulse increases the body’s response.
6. Torque: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies move in three dimensions. The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
7. Effective: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
8. Reliable: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
9. Frequency: Scientifically speaking, your spinal cord is a thick string of piezoelectric gel (electricity conducting jelly). The frequency it is working at is determined by the amount of tension and/or torsion being placed at either end of the “string.” Just like the guitar string, the tightness of the cord determines the tune that is being played. The Integrator fires at a specific frequency so we are essentially “re-tuning” the nervous system.
10. Recognized: The Integrator holds several patents, including a FDA 510k and is a legally marketed device for the adjustment of the Vertebral Subluxation; only available to licensed Doctors of Chiropractic.
For more information about TRT and family chiropractic, call the Pure Balance centers at (212)661-5656 in the Murray Hill neighborhood in Midtown Manhattan or (973)773-8244 in Clifton, New Jersey.
This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek professional advice from your physician or other qualified health provider if you have any questions about a medical condition.